12 January 2010

Day 21

Hemoglobin 10.1
WBC 0.8
Platelets 65
|Neutrophils| 0.2
Creatinine 1.28

When the white cell count is below 0.5 (500 cells per microliter of blood) the technicians don't bother counting the different types of white blood cells - the sample cell population is so small the results are statistically insignificant.  Once the total white cell count is higher than 0.5 a differential is performed - the cells are separated by type and counted.  This is why my absolute neutrophil count is back.

End of the third week, sixteen days since chemo ended.  My counts are up on their own again and I can feel the difference.  Today I've felt good but my doctors are still working on getting my blood pressure under tighter control.  My doctors and I suspect that is what is causing my headaches and have been adjusting my medication dosing.  It's moving in the right direction but just takes time.

Tomorrow Dr. Oran will be back on service so we're waiting for her opinion before deciding a chemotherapy regiment.  An additional day or two is insignificant at this point so I'm comfortable waiting in order to receive Dr. Oran's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment