23 January 2010

Day 32

Hemoglobin 8.7
Platelets 21
WBC 0.1
Creatinine 1.16

Here's a fun statistic for you to celebrate the start of my second month of incarceration hospitalization:  I've spent 110 days in a hospital since being diagnosed 31 May (that's 46.2% of the days between then and now!).  Here's the breakdown:  65 days when I was diagnosed, 13 in October for surgery, and 32 so far recently.  Considering a conservatively estimated two weeks until my counts return then three weeks for transplant, I'm looking at a grand total inpatient day count of around 150 for a period less than a year.  No wonder I feel like I didn't get much done in 2009..

Now that's about $255/day for a hospital room, plus doctors, plus services, plus medications, plus.... :)

Day 11 of chemo round four.  My muscles are sore to the touch.  Dr. Oran didn't have much to say about it, things like this can happen with how low my platelets have been.  I had a condition called petechia when I was diagnosed - tons of tiny hemorrhages that cause a rash because of low platelet counts - and this soreness reminds me of that, but I don't have any rash.  It's not dangerous, just annoying because I can't get comfortable..

I've been having low glucose all day, endocrinology is slowly stepping down my basal rates.  Otherwise things remain about the same.

2 comments:

  1. Nic... this is shakalakalash... did you know that the weapon inside this temple will help you defeat armored evidence

    ReplyDelete