30 May 2010

Day 90

Hemoglobin 11.0
Platelets 73
WBC 3.9
|Neutrophils| 2.1
Creatinine 1.39

Friday I saw a midlevel.  She didn't have much new to say.  The neuropathy isn't any better, so we decided I should seek the opinion of a neurologist.  The hope is that he will have more insight into the cause of this pain and how to treat it.  All the BMT doctors tell me is that it is "common after chemotherapy," but I would like a more firm diagnosis.

My blood pressure has been up, so my Cozaar dosage was increased.  No other medication changes at this time, except for the prednisone taper.  As of Wednesday I'll be down to 40mg/day.  My next appointment is Wednesday.



Yesterday I drove to Rochester to see my brother.  I had the sunroof open the entire drive down...turned out to be a bad idea.  The sun was shining in onto the top of my head and my skin has freaked out.  It looks and even blistered (the big dark spot) like a terrible sunburn, but it doesn't hurt.  A bunch of my pill bottles say "You should avoid prolonged or excessive exposure to direct and/or artificial sunlight while taking this medication," plus GVH patients, I've read and been told, are very sensitive to sunlight.  Exposure to it can cause the disease to flare.  I guess I should have been more careful.

So I got a ball cap now that I'll wear when I'm out and it is sunny.  I need to find a big straw hat...



Yeah, that'd do.

No comments:

Post a Comment