11 February 2011

Home-sick

I saw my surgeon's nurse yesterday. He took a look at my incisions and thought they were healing nicely. I was cleared to not see my surgeon for four weeks. At that time I'll have X-rays taken and will meet with my actual surgeon to hear how he feels things are going.

I feel useless. Since I can't put any weight on my right leg and thus need to use a walker to go anywhere. That makes it virtually impossible to carry anything. So that means I rely on assistance for everything. I can't really cook, I can't do much cleaning, I can't do laundry, I can't take care of Baxter. In addition I haven't left my apartment except for clinic appointments. It is exhausting moving from my front door to the exterior of my building into a car, I couldn't imagine going someplace without using a wheelchair, like at my clinic appointments. So I don't go out; people need to come to me to visit.

I spend my days laying on the couch, watching the same shows from day to day on tv, and sleeping. I feel so useless, lonely, and trapped. I wish I could walk and get out of here. So I could resume my normal life.

It's gonna be a long four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment