11 January 2010

Day 19

Hemeglobin 8.3
WBC 0.3
Platelets 45
Creatinine 1.25

My counts began their slow return today - my white blood count is up and both my hemeglobin and platelets stayed constant without any infusions.  It doesn't really make much difference whether they come back or not before the next round of chemo, I guess it's just nice to know they are.

Today my doctors switched the medication I'm receiving for the headaches, the new one seems to manage the pain much better.  It's longer lasting and doesn't seem to make me as sleepy.  They also tweaked my blood pressure medications around, hoping to provide better control.  They say high blood pressure could be causing the headaches, so hopefully it'll make a difference.

The hematology office expects Dr. Oran to return either Monday or Tuesday.  Hopefully she'll stop by and give me her opinion on what treatment I should have next.  If we haven't heard from her by Tuesday, the fellow on service, Dr. Zilla, will seek opinions from his colleagues and make a recommendation for treatment.  Either way I should begin the next round on Wednesday.  Until then it should be a quiet week.

No comments:

Post a Comment