20 January 2010

Days 28 & 29

19 January
Hemoglobin 9.5
WBC 5.6
Platelets 90
|Neutrophils| 5.5
Creatinine 1.04

20 January
Hemoglobin 9.0
WBC 3.1
Platelets 57
|Neutrophils| 3.0
Creatinine 1.06

Today was my first day outside in 29 days.  It was great.  IRael and I went to get the food I've been craving for the past few weeks:  Brugger's Bagels and an iced coffee drink from Starbucks.  Add a big ranch salad and some chili from the cafeteria upstairs and that was my lunch.  Then Adam stopped by with cupcakes!  I've been eating well today.  Bowels are still slugging along but at least it's moving.  I just spend my days with a bulging belly while my food gets digested.  I feel like a cat from Animal Planet's "Big Cat Diaries".

Today I was told by my doctors that they are going to be making further adjustments to my blood pressure medication in an attempt to get it under better control.  I think Dr. Oran is just making work for the interns...my case has not been adequately challenging recently.  :)

I can really feel my counts getting low again.  The bleed in my left eye has become more profound but I expected that.  It doesn't worry me as much this time, I'm confidant once my platelets return to normal values my vision will improve, just as it did last time.  I'm just frustrated in my inability to see well.  Computer text is especially difficult, so my apologies for not responding to any emails or messages people have sent.  I appreciate the thought and once typing isn't such an annoyance I will respond.

Today was my last day of steroids, so tomorrow I should be off the insulin drip again!!!  My fingers are so sore.

1 comment: