26 February 2010

Day -3

Hemoglobin 8.7
Platelets 174
WBC 4.8
|Neutrophils| 4.7
Creatinine 1.15

Today I began my two immunosuppressant drugs:  Cyclosporin and MMF.  They make me feel terrible.  Just nauseous and ill.  Unfortunately I'll be on them for quite some time.  The cyclosporin is hard on kidneys too, so they will be even more closely monitored for function while I'm on the drug.  The doctors will also closely monitor the level of the drug in my system to ensure proper therapeutic levels (such that the level of the drug doesn't get too high and risk kidney damage).

Today I also went down to the radiology oncology department for final measurements for my total body irradiation on sunday.  It only took a half hour or so but I was feeling really ill.  I would rather have been sleeping.  That's mainly what I do these days, between the chemo drugs dragging me down and the anti-nausea meds making me tired, so I sleep it off.

Tomorrow is my last day of Fludarabine.  Then I have TBI on Sunday and cells on Monday.  Mitch has been up to receive his growth factor injections over the past few days and will continue through Monday.  He says it makes him feel odd, giving him unusual and random body pains. Other than that he says it's not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment